Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thank You Thursday

Photo Credit: Adrianne Adelle http://adrianneadelle.wordpress.com/
With email, twitter, facebook etc, the art of handwriting has been somewhat lost. Spelling, punctuation, grammar . . . it has all gone down the drain because of the invention of auto correct. Why know how to spell something when the computer will do it for you? I know I have found myself guilty of this very thing on many occasions.

By no means do I consider myself an expert on spelling or punctuation . . . but I do understand the importance. As a result I make a large effort to send handwritten notes to people I know and love. When I was working at Design Design, I was helping to develop a project called Thank You Thursday. The idea is simple, every Thursday pick up a pen and piece of paper and write someone a thank you note, put it in an envelop, stamp it and send it on it's way. There is always something to be thankful for. Why not make some one's day and tell them how much you appreciated what they did? Personally, I LOVE getting a colored envelope in my mailbox instead of another bill.

I challenge you to send one handwritten card to someone every Thursday for the month of February. Even if it isn't a thank you card, send one that says "I'm thinking about you." You will feel good doing it, but you will make someone else feel wonderful. It's true that it's the simple things that count.

Check out another project called The Card Crusade which encourages people to send notes.

Photo From: http://onthebarestage.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/its-not-happy-people-who-are-thankful/
Photo Credit: Adrianne Adelle http://adrianneadelle.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment