Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Beaded Jewelry Continued

Welcome back! Yesterday I posted about the blue necklace and bracelet set I made. Today, I wanted to show you the necklace I wore to my brother-in-law's wedding.

I found this beautiful black dress for his wedding and I needed some statement jewelry to go with it. To begin, I fused some glass pieces with different colors of glass.
I wasn't sure how the glass was going to come out, so I did some blue, pink and orange stripe, and purple. After looking at them for a day, I decided I wanted to use the pink and orange stripes on black. Then I went into my beading supplies and picked out some beautiful seed beads and crystals to match.
 Then I started stitching the glass pieces and attaching them.
Then I had to decide how I wanted to stitch the chain. Sometime simple but elegant seemed appropriate.
 
Here is the final piece!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment