Friday, May 2, 2014

Make Art That Sells - Week 4

My apologies for my lack of posts, I've been a bit busy. Between traveling to see family and working I haven't had the time to sit down and blog.

Last week in the Lilla Rogers Make Art That Sells class, the topic was Wall Art. I was very excited about this because my background is painting and I was bursting at the chance to sit down to paint again. The assignment was to paint / draw something (square format) and to have some type in it. We could use any neutral color, then we were all assigned two colors determined by our zodiac sign. Since I am a Pisces, I got red and yellow . . . honestly, I am not a fan of those colors. But the whole point of this class is to grow and push myself outside my comfort zone, so I stuck with them.

It is kind of weird how quickly my layout idea came to me. I knew the quote I wanted to use because I had used it in the past for a "Inspiration Board" I made for my Grandpa when he was dying. Then, I just went with it . . . turned on some music, opened the windows for some fresh air and just had fun!

My sketches to get my ideas out:


Then on to painting with acrylics.

My helper in all things . . . there were five babies in my studio before I finished.

The completed piece (19" x 19")

Here are some mockups of this painting in an environment.



No comments:

Post a Comment