Monday, February 24, 2014

Finding My Style

For the past five days I have been battling a nasty head cold which has left me flat on my back with Kleenex up my nose. So, not only do I have cabin fever from this nasty weather but I sat and did nothing for four days straight! I am not a person who does "nothing" well and the idea of not being productive has been driving me crazy. I suppose if catching up on TV shows and movies is productive, then bully for me.

Anyway, in my DayQuil stupor, I have worked out some ideas on developing "my style." I find myself looking at other artist's work and loving it so much that I think, "Why didn't I come up with that?" I have had this mental block that has prevented me from mixing my graphic design with my true passion - painting. Stay tuned for a series of pieces that will do just that and push me to go outside my box.


To start, I am taking a sketch I did and working it digitally and then adding some watercolor to it. Ok, deep breath . . . here we go!



No comments:

Post a Comment